How to Connect Wireless Printer HP Deskjet 3050A J611?
Our how-to guide will show you how to connect wireless printer the HP Deskjet 3050A J611 to your computer.
This guide works for Windows 7, 8, or 10 computers.
HP Deskjet 3050A J611 Specs:
- It has a T3X300 2500 mAh rechargeable battery, which HP says should provide more than 1,400 prints before you need to recharge. It also comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- The printer has a long print and copy time. When printing in black-and-white, it should take 10 to 12 minutes. When printing in color, it should take 5 to 6 minutes.
- The printer offers two paper trays: One tray for direct copy-and-paste (or one that can accommodate sheet-fed paper), and a second tray for sheet-fed inkjet paper.
- It connects to your computer over a USB cable.
How to Connect Wireless Printer HP Deskjet 3050A J611 to Your Computer?
- Go to Control Panel > Printers and Scanners > Plug & Connect. If this is the first time you’ve connected your HP Deskjet 3050A J611 printer to your computer, you’ll be asked to type in a password.
- The drive letter of your computer (the drive on which you’ll install all of the drivers for your printer) should be specified when you first plug in your printer. Once you’ve plugged in the printer, you can click on the Properties button (which is located on the right side of your HP Deskjet 3050A J611 printer when you look at it from the front) and click on the Update Driver button.
- If your HP Deskjet 3050A J611 printer doesn’t automatically come with a driver for your computer, you can find the appropriate driver online by going to http://www.hp.com/uk/support/connect.html. Once you’ve found the correct driver, you’ll need to install it from Windows.
- The driver will automatically detect the wireless printer and install the printer driver, which should then install the printer driver for your computer.
- To print from your HP Deskjet 3050A J611 printer, click on the Print icon on the desktop, or look for it in the Printing tab. Click Print, and the printer will start copying. When you’re finished with a page, select Print and then click Yes to confirm. If you’re done with a page, click OK and the page will be ready for printing.
How to Print from Your HP Deskjet 3050A J611 on Your Mac?
You can print from your HP Deskjet 3050A J611 on your Mac using Apple’s printer app, which is installed in OS X. This works like most any other printer app on your Mac, which you can download and install from the Mac App Store. See also print from chrome.
How to Print from Your HP Deskjet 3050A J611 on Your Android Phone?
If you have an Android phone, you can print from your HP Deskjet 3050A J611 using Google’s Android printing app, which you can download and install from the Play Store. It works the same as any other printer app on your phone.
To print from your HP Deskjet 3050A J611 on your Android Phone, press and hold the Power and the Home buttons for about a second, then hit the Power button again and the “Home” button again.
You’ll see a spinning wheel of images that lets you select your file or image. Select a file and it will be printed. Of course, you’ll need your Android phone with a printable SD card inserted in it for this feature to work.
Step 1: Plug the printer cable into the printer. You have to do this because the wire can be pulled out if the cable is in the printer and not in the computer.
Step 2: Turn on the printer
Step 3: Press the F5 key and the printer will appear on the screen.
Step 4: Change the setting for the page up at the bottom of the screen
Step 5: Click on the connect button and let the printer find your wireless network
Step 6: Now enter your WPS PIN and click on connect
Step 7: Wait for the printer to find the network and the printers will appear on the screen.
Step 8: Turn the printer on and it will begin scanning the first page.
Easy-to-use Wi-Fi Direct Connectivity
Wi-Fi Direct Connectivity is a safe and easy way to connect your HP printer with other compatible devices. The process of connecting the HP printer is easy and doesn’t require any special installation.
All you have to do is connect the printer via its LAN cable and follow the prompts to pair the printer with your mobile device or another device.
Once paired, you can immediately print from a compatible smartphone or tablet or start using your printer from the connected Android device.
Movable Type Technology
The Easy-to-use Movable Type Technology on HP Deskjet 3050A J611 printer comes with the special feature that allows you to print directly from Microsoft Word and Excel Word document.
This helps you to transfer any files quickly and seamlessly. It is very handy if you use a mobile device for your daily work.
Vertical magazine feeders
Vertical magazine feeders are an important feature of HP Deskjet 3050A J611 printer. As a result, you can view the whole page, rather than the feeder or the half page. This allows you to check any text before you decide to print it or finish editing it.
Aided scan technology
HP Adaptive Fine Print Technology Aided Scan technology is great for providing images with the print quality. With this feature, you can save the sharpness and details of the selected area and manipulate it on the screen.
HP PageWide Hardware
HP PageWide hardware enables you to print in letter, column and landscape orientation. This is great when you use your printer for multiple purposes.
Electronic Intelligence Profile (EIP)
The EIP allows you to increase printing speed by up to 25 percent. The great thing about this feature is that you can print with the maximum quality without any limitation.
The design of the HP Deskjet 3050A J611 printer is simple and sleek. This makes it easier for you to use the printer.
When it comes to maintenance, the HP Deskjet 3050A J611 printer comes with a set of features to perform the duties efficiently. Macro-printing, Paper-discus and Turbo paper are just some of the features that make this printer great for personal use.
Key Features of HP Deskjet 3050A J611 Paper
- This printer uses a single-pass print head that comes with HP Z700 six-colour ink system. The printer prints at low temperatures to keep up the quality of the printed product.
- The features that make it a good printer for printing at home are the PageWide technology, a unique Movable Type Technology, Aided scan technology, Electronic Intelligence Profile (EIP), Macro-printing, Paper-discus and Turbo paper.
- When it comes to the features that enhance its performance, the printer includes Vertical magazine feeders, Optical Quality Graphics, E-spresso Technology, Mobile Media Reader, PageWide hardware and HP Adaptive Fine Print Technology.
If you are looking for a printer for small business, then you can get a better deal from the printer that includes all of the above features.
Features of HP Deskjet 3050A J611 J611 and its Specifications
- Print speed: 35 ppm black or color
- Print quality: 5,760 x 2,220 dpi
- Integrated Color Photos
- 10-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF)
- Assisted color profile scan technology
- Duplexing support
- Ports: USB, Ethernet, RJ45 LAN and Wireless Photo Security for single or dual-drive print.
- Paper tray: 32 x 20-card media, 4- sheet ADF tray, single- or dual-drive printer
Tips for Printing Files
In case, you are not a great fan of printouts, then you can just download a different app that comes with the same functionality.
The best thing is that you can choose from numerous apps that support the same function. To find apps that support the same function, just Google “printer app” and find them.
Does the printer need Internet?
No, the HP Deskjet 3050A J611 comes with built-in Ethernet port, so you won’t have to connect the printer via wireless network.
When is the last time you’ve checked for the firmware version of the printer?
If your printer was bought in the last two years or so, you may have forgotten about its current firmware version number. The best thing to do is to look for an accompanying CD or manual with the same. Usually, it is not more than 5-10 years old.
Does the printer come with a separate ink cartridge?
All printers at Staples come with one.
When was the last time you’ve emptied the ink cartridge?
Many printers require you to empty the printer cartridge in a short period of time. So, you should empty the ink cartridge more than once a week.
The best thing to do is to install the HP InkUpdate app onto your phone or tablet, so that you can keep track of the printer’s current firmware version number.
It is worth checking the app every now and then to ensure that the firmware version is up to date.