Are you looking for the best printer for Windows 10? In this tutorial, we will install the printer from Canon which is available at Amazon, see also Best Epson Printers.
Following are the prerequisites:
- PC or Laptop with 64-bit Windows 10 Operating System
- Driver for your printer (if it doesn’t already have it)
- PC or Laptop with the printer attached to it, connect to the network and make sure that the IP Address is valid (Check with Norton)
Now, we will show you how to install printer named Canon LBP1120 on a computer running Windows 10 64bit. Let's start.
Step 1. Download the Printer
Go to https://www.ubuntu.com/download/archive/labs/release/canon/laboratory/printers/lbp1120-arm-by-canon-labs-creative-software-solutions.tar.gz and download the printer for the operating system, and then extract the.tar.gz file in a location of your liking.
Step 2. Unzip the Image File
Move the downloaded Printer.tar.gz file in a folder that will be your installation directory. For example, you can put the printer in the Desktop folder for simplicity and security.
Step 3. Install Ubuntu Studio from here
The latest version of Ubuntu Studio is available at https://live.ubuntu.com/releases/16.04/ but at the time of writing, the Ubuntu Studio 16.04 LTS downloads on that page is incomplete and we cannot install the printer using that method.
- So, to install this version of Ubuntu Studio on your system, use the "Install Ubuntu Studio" button from the top menu of the machine.
- Once Ubuntu Studio is installed on your system, open the "Live" Dash by clicking on the top-right cog in the bar, and click on "Open", then search for "Ubuntu Studio."
- Download Ubuntu Studio for any of the operating systems.
Step 4. Install Ubuntu Studio 16.04 on the Desktop
- When the top-right cog is clicked on, click on “Ubuntu Studio” on the search results. Then click on the “Ubuntu Studio,” and after a few seconds, a new window will be opened for you.
- On the Unity desktop, go to the bottom left of the screen, click on “Desktop,” and click on “Install Ubuntu Studio.”
- Click “Ok.”
- A warning screen will appear, but it is safe to proceed if you have clicked on “Install.”
- Wait a minute or two, and then click on “Install Ubuntu Studio” once again.
- A screen will appear and a few options will appear. You can select “Other” and click on “Finish Install.”
- Your new Ubuntu Studio 16.04 install should be live and you will be greeted with a message “Install Ubuntu Studio 16.04, Part 2” along with some information.
Step 5. Install the Printer
- Your Ubuntu Studio 16.04 installation is now complete. To install the printer, go to File > New > “Printer”, then choose the printer’s name from the list.
- Then click on the “Add Printer” button.
- In the next window, provide the printer’s IP address, login credentials and choose a password. Then click on “Add Printer.”
- Now you have a printer running in your Ubuntu Studio installation. Click on the “Printer Settings” link in the lower-left of the main menu.
- Set up the printer by setting its IP address, login credentials, Password, Print Settings and name it after yourself. Click on the “Save Changes” button.
That's all. Your Ubuntu Studio installation is now completed.
Step 6. Schedule printer to print automatically
Before we start, you will need to setup a user account and administrative account for printing the images. In Ubuntu, these are called "Printers" or "Admin" in previous versions of Ubuntu.
- Go to the Home Dash by clicking on the top-right cog and then click on “System Settings.” Then scroll down and select “Security Settings,” then click on the “Users & Groups” tab. Click on the “Add User.”
- Next, enter a name for the user, in my case “Superuser,” and select “Yes” to accept the add and also provide a password, which you can use to log in to your “Superuser” account.
- Then click on “OK.”
- Open the “Administration” Dash by clicking on the top-right cog and then click on “Administration.”
- Click on the “Printers” tab.
- Set up your administrative account for printing with the user you selected in Step 5 and enter its credentials.
- Save and close the window.
Step 7. Create a system and a user account
In order to setup a new user, use the following commands.
$ sudo adduser /bin/bash $ sudo adduser /bin/bash
This command adds the newly created user /bin/bash and you are now ready to create a system and a user account. You will be asked for your "username." The username is the name you will be using in the installation.
Step 8. Start the Installation
- Now it’s time to start the installation. Click on “Start” in the bottom right of the program window, and then type “cd” to go to the installation directory and type “sudo” to execute a command.
- It will take some time to complete the installation. Click on “Start” once again, type the name of the distribution in the text field provided by the program and press “Enter.”
- When the installation completes, you will be brought to a new window. In this window, you will be asked to provide a password for the administrative account. Click on “OK” once again.
- You are now all set to print. To print any image, you will need the “Printer” user account that you created earlier. To log in to the printer, enter the password in the text field provided by the program.
- Then, from the main menu of the printer, click on the “Printer Settings” link.
- In the next window, you will be asked to enter the IP address and login credentials of the newly created “Superuser” account. Enter the information correctly and click on “OK.”
Now you are ready to use your new Ubuntu Studio printing.
Other Method for Installing Canon LBP1120 on Windows 10 64 Bit
Now we’ll discuss here another method how to install printer on windows 10 64 bit.
First of all, login to your Canon printer's server, and select the license key to install this Printer on windows 10 computers.
Now we have got a license key, now we can install this Printer, and easy way to do is to login to your server and launch the printer server application LBP1120 printer on windows 10.
The software supports all types of printers including Sony inkjet, Lexmark, Epson, HP and many more. Now login and launch the application and follow the instruction to install the printer on windows 10 machine.
To install this Printer on windows 10 64 bit, you need a LAN IP address. I suggest you to change your IP Address to 192.168.1.40 and change it as per your internet connection.
In this tutorial, we will installing the printer on windows 10 64 bit on the LAN IP address 192.168.1.40.
Now connect to your printer Server using cisco or router port forwarding, use the following command to forward this printers IP Address 192.168.1.40.
Now after changing your IP Address, just log in to the printer server from your workstation and the software will appear .
Now you can see the printer in the tray, you can click on “Install Software” and follow the instructions. The printer will ask you to create username and password to login and use this Printer.
Now you can access this Printer as shown in the image below.
If you have got a newer version of Canon LBP1120 software, the instructions will be same as that of my Ubuntu Server 16.04 server.
All the steps of installing Canon LBP1120 are complete, now you can easily use the printer to print on your machine.
Problems While Installing Canon LBP1120 on Windows 10 64 bit
Canon LBP1120 supports different file formats for printing including duplex, single sided printing, large page, matte. But when you are using Canon LBP1120 you need to know the right ways to install the printer.
The way you will have to install Canon LBP1120 is quite simple, but you need to follow certain precautions while installing Canon LBP1120 on Windows 10 64bit.
And if you are having any problem while installing, then you can download the printer drivers directly from the Canon website:
You can use Internet Explorer, Edge or Mozilla Firefox to install the drivers. The following error is displayed while installing the printer on Windows 10. It is saying that the printer driver is not recognized.
So, you need to clear the printer driver's cache, Registry, and system cache. To do this, just right click on the printer, and click on Clear cache, Registry, and system cache. Then the printer driver will install. Now try to print a document or website using Windows.