Do you want to remove screen print from your fabric? If yes, then you are at the right place. Here you will find out some of the most effective ways to do the job and that too using the available items at your home.
No matter you are a professional or a new screen printer working in the garment industry, mistakes can occur at any time during the process.
Discarding the products may cause massive loss to the firm, so you look for ways to rectify the screen print. Continue reading this article, and in the end, you will know precisely what and how you have to do it.
Or you are just another person who loves to wear printed clothes, wearing the same design shirt does not seems modernistic, pleasing, and looks old, but you love the finest quality of the fabric, and you don’t want to lose your shirt just because of the screen print.
Then you can apply the given methods to remove the screen print easily, quickly, and effectively.
Remove Screen Printing
Removing the screen print is not much difficult until and unless you do it properly. There are several methods and techniques that can be used to perform the process; we will start with the simplest one and will proceed accordingly.
However, if you are a person who is screen printing the polyester and you realize that you have made a mistake, you will act immediately, and thus the fresh print will be easy to remove, and if you want to remove it after a couple of days, then it will require more effort to remove the screen print successfully. so, Best Printers For Realtors is a good read for realtors.
Firstly, we will discuss the methods which you can apply to remove the fresh screen prints.
Steps to Remove Screen Prints
- As soon as you realized that you had made a fault in print, it would be best if you washed it with cold water instantly. The more time you will take, the more it will absorb in the polyester; therefore, you should act promptly. Don’t use the hot water as it can spread the ink all over and can cause more trouble.
- Once you have washed it, let it dry, and you will see no print at all, or else you may notice that there is still ink left on the piece. Now, these spots of the print will be removed using an iron and a paper bag.
- Place the paper bag on the fabric where there is ink, now iron the paper bag, which is placed above the affected area; the heat of the iron will help absorb the ink in the paper bag. Continue this process until no more ink absorbs on the paper bag. Apply the next method if there is still leftover screen print on the polyester.
- The next thing you can do is to use the sugar to remove the screen print. All you need to do is to scrub the area with cubes of sugar, and within seconds you will notice that the print is disappearing from the polyester. Do not scrub the fabric harshly, as it can damage the quality of the material. The minute you have done it, all the spots will be cleared.
Now we will discuss the steps you need to take if you want to remove the screen printing after some time.
You can also try the methods as mentioned earlier, and if you are lucky, it might work in your case. On the other hand, if it does not work, we are here for you to guide. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- We are assuming that you have already tried the methods mentioned above in the article. In this step, you should rinse the fabric with warm water, apply dish soap or laundry detergent on the print area and gently scrub the area with a brush. The print will start to peel off from the fabric. Continue scrubbing until the print is completely removed.
- If the problem still sticks out, try using the removing chemicals or solvents. Start with the nail polish remover and if it does not give the result, move to the stronger removers such as acetone. Apply it carefully in the required amount; using too much chemicals can damage the value of the fabric. You can also use plastisol remover in case it is necessary, but make sure that you wear the gloves and perform this process in an open space.
- Usually, the above method will eliminate the print, and if there is any spot remains on the polyester, it will be easy to peel it off with your hands. You can apply different chemicals for removing the print, make sure that it does not affect the fabric in any way; otherwise, removing the screen print will be of no use.
Tips and Tricks
Here we will talk through some general tips that will help in performing the above processes in a better way.
- One of the most important thing which is often ignored is that we apply different techniques when the affected piece is wet, do not try any new method unless the cloth is dried fully.
- Do not wash or rinse the polyester fabric with hot water; it will make the removing process more difficult.
- When using an iron to remove the print, make sure that it is not a steam iron; it will make the print more intense; also, make sure that you are not using the iron directly on the print surface.
- Most importantly, if you are using an electric iron, make sure that your hands and the fabric are not wet.
- Washing the piece repeatedly with your hands is more beneficial when you want to remove the screen print as you can focus more on the particular part.
- Follow the safety protocols when using any type of chemicals, and make sure that it does not affect the polyester fabric in one way or another.